Free to Run

Written By: Jeff Austin


A G D
There’s a cool, clear emotion runnin’ right through me
A G D
The road up ahead is all that is to see
A G D
I’ll leave it all behind as a sign of the times
E
Of what… used to be
A G D
Now there’s nothin’ in this life that can steer me from the pain
A G D
Not the wind, not the snow, not the drivin’, pounding rain
A G D
Not the look in your eyes a disguise little girl
E
Of what… used to be...


Chorus:
Bm A E
I know the time has come
Bm A E
I am free to run
Bm A E A
Run from the things that get to me
Bm A E Bm A E
The night is comin’ fast and I’m leavin’ town at last
Bm A E A
At last finally, Oh Lord I’m FREE TO RUN!!!


How can you sit there and smile at what you’ve done
Six loves and smiling like some lonely one
Love to leave you behind as a sign of the times
Of what used to be
 

But there’s nothing in this life that you could say or do
To erase this image in my mind of you
No not whisper, not a moan, not a whimper
Not a little bitty wail can save this now

Chorus

Now I wanna see you hit this wide-open road
My mind free at last from this heavy, heavy load
As I leave you behind as a sign of the times
Of what you used to be
But no matter where I’m goin’
 

No matter where I’ll be
No matter how many funky, freaky people I might see
In my mind you reside as a sign of the times
Of what used to be